Monday, July 14, 2008

The Weekend in Idaho!

I am sorry it has been a while since my last post. It has been a little hectic around with neices and nephews. I have been trying to upload some pictures from this weekend in Idaho, but for some reason it is not working so I will try and figure it out.
Me and Mom and Justin, Tiffany, and the kids were able to travel together to Idaho. It was a little tense at the beginning. We started out later than planned and then had to wait about an hour in the canyon because there was a head on collision and the cars were piled up in long lines. It was sad, luckily no one was killed, we were informed.
We made it to Renae's and Scott's and were able to wind down from the trip and visit with them, the kids, and Isaac and Keitra. The cousins got along real well. It was so much fun to watch them play together. It was also very enjoyable to be with the brothers and sisters and their spouses. It would have been almost perfect except we were missing a couple of siblings. In time I guess we will soon all be together again!
On Saturday we were able to get tickets to the Twin Falls temple open house. It was such a neat experiance to be able to go through especially with family. We hope it was also a good experiance for Justin, Tiffany, and the kids. Saturday was also Tiffany's birthday. We didn't do anything extraordinary, I hope she had a good birthday though. We had her favorite dinner and dessert, chicken enchiladas and German Chocolate cake.
Before dinner we set up the slip-n-slide that me and mom brought from home. The kids were having a hay day as were us adults. I was afraid to do it because of my previous experiance, but after Scott went it made me see that the only reason my experiance wasn't great when I did it alone back in Price was because I didn't put enough water on. It was very embarrassing to have to admit that. But I went and it was a blast. We even got Mom and Renae to go. We had a little trouble with the slide, but it was fixed and we resumed our play. The kids were too afraid to run and slide so most of the time they either pushed themselves or we pulled them through. We have to do that again. We have lots of pictures and hopefully they will be up soon. That night we were able to play games and talk after the kids were down. It was a near perfect ending of a nearly perfect day.
As with all things, good things have to come to an end. Sunday morning we had to leave early in order to get Tiffany and Justin to the airport on time. It was hard to say goodbye.
After we dropped them off me and mom headed home. It was a long trip. We were both exhausted when we got home around 2:30 in the afternoon. We ate and then sat down to watch North and South and I fell asleep then Mom went in her room and did the same.
It is now Monday and everything is back to the way it was. It is quieter in the house which was hard for me to get used to, but I think we are getting back into the swing of things.
We hope to be with family soon! We miss and love everyone!

1 comment:

The Trees said...

Hello my family,
Its 4 in the morning here. I was up with Ellie and now can't sleep so I'm glad I could read this. I must admit it left me a little homesick and wishing I had a good hill and a slip n slide. Can't wait for pictures!
I love you all and was so excited that you could all be together and go to the temple open house.
Love you,
Heidi

Quixotical 3 3 column