Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Fun!!

This weekend has been a busy, but fun one. Friday, we were able to go to the movie Get Smart. It was hilarious and we all had a good laugh that was really needed.
Saturday, Dad had a big fishing trip planned and left at 4:30 in the morning. What a trooper. So while Dad went fishing me and mom had made plans to go to the Clark Planetarium up in Salt Lake. This was another one of Mom's events on her wish list (and mine, we both love the stars). So we went our way at 10 (definitely not as eager as Dad). The ride up was fun and easy going and then we got to Salt Lake and we were a little lost. We were trying to find the planetarium and couldn't find it... then we tried finding parking and couldn't find it, or it took a little while and a couple of U turns. We began thinking if it was even worth it. We finally parked and started walking. We finally found it. I have never been to the Gateway Mall and it was all open and very new to me. I think I prefer in door malls. After a few more troubles here and there we finally walked into the Clark Planetarium. What a cool place. It is three stories high and has a small recreation of the moon and mars and you can go take pictures in it. I had my camera, but I had left it in the car and due to some troubles at the beginning we decided not to go back to the car to get it.
At the planetarium we bought tickets to see the Ultimate Universe show. It was very interesting and it was so fun to go and be in the dome and look the universe, but we were both hoping to just see the stars and constellations. I guess that will be an excuse to go back. After the show we were walking back to the car when Mom suprised me with the idea of going to the Mormon Miracle Pageant in Manti. I have been wanting to see it, it seems like it has become a tradition. So we decided we were going to drive down to Manti and see it since it was the last day.
I love our random and spur of the moment decisions. It was so much fun, although it was very hot, but we made the best of it. We ate the amazing turkey dinner and then topped it off with some Farr's Ice Cream. We both were starting to get a little tired from todays events, but were still able to fully enjoy the production. It was such a beautiful night and would have been perfect if not for the mosquitos, which by the way I got up close and personal with one of them that flew into my eye. At least we got a few laughs out of it and some interesting stares from the people in front of us.
The ride home was good and we made it safely home at around 1:30 a.m. Needless to say we were both pretty tired during Sacrament meeting and could see Dad smiling on the stand watching us.
It has been a good weekend, and I am not sure we are ready for the work week ahead of us, but we will make the best of it.
Hope this makes sense and you can somewhat follow our travels and crazy life we lead here. I was never good at explaining things, so hopefully it isn't too long and boring.

1 comment:

The Trees said...

I love your stories Bre. Those little things are the ones you want to remember. How fun that you two fly by the seat of your pants. i kind of miss those days not that I would change anything now. I've always wanted to go to the planeterium so maybe one day we could all go together. Ah, one day.... And I absolutely love the Manti Pagent. Good memories. I love it when we can all go together. Too bad you forgot your camera. Oh well at least you can now remember the trip. Ever since I started this blog thing I've suddenly like journaling a lot more.
Love you all tons!
Heidi

Quixotical 3 3 column