Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Week With The Trees From Idaho!

I have had the opportunity this past week to go and spend sometime with Renae and the kids while Scott went on a business trip back to Ohio.

Renae met Mom half way and then I drove with Renae to Twin where we were meeting Scott. From there I was to take Kira home and babysit her while Renae and Scott enjoyed a nice dinner alone! I will admit I was terrified at first to watch Kira because I was afraid she would cry the whole time, but it turned out just fine. I talked to her while I drive back to Renae and Scott's (the conversation is very confidential and I know she will not be talking hehe). When we got back I changed her diaper and just played for a while. Then I remembered that Renae said she liked going outside and swinging so I took her out and started to push her. She loved it! She fell asleep and I of course had to get a picture.

Before I knew it, Renae and Scott were home with the kids. In the morning we journeyed to the Twin Falls Airport to see "Daddy" off. The kids were so excited to be able to see the planes as they took off and came in. It was quite an adventure for those kids.
On Sunday I was able to take some pictures of the kids in their Sunday clothes. They were funny, they wanted to do all of these poses and Allie would just keep coming up more. I was a little nervous to see how the kids would act in Sacrament, and they weren't too bad, we only had to go out twice to go potty! Since it was Father's Day the primary children got up to sing. It was great to see Allie and Shylee get up and sing. They stood up front and would smile when I made eye contact. Allie was really excited because she got to hold up a picture cut out of a father and put her face through it. I wish we could take cameras to church! Somehow at the end of Sacrament I was left alone with Kira while the others were out with Renae going to the bathroom. I thought she would start screaming. I am so grateful for Cinnamon and Sugar Graham Crackers, they are a lifesaver. Happy to say though that we have become some what of buddies.
I was able to accompany Renae to Relief Society with the Spanish sisters. It was quite interesting. I thought that if we could get them and the other sister's together for class, I am sure there would never be those awkward silent moments whent no one wants to answer. I never heard a pause in their discussion. It was fun to watch them though and watch Renae with them. It was a great experiance.
Through out the whole week we were able to do many wonderful, fun things. We played outside and watched Nae use her awesome outdoor skills (actually I am not sure what to call them) but she mowed the lawn and weeded with the weed eater. I was amazed at her skills and am a little bit jealous I just sat most of the time dumb founded! I had to take some pictures especially as Michael tried to help! While Renae was being Scott for the day I thought I would try and help out with pulling weeds. Well, sad to say I got too intimidated and was afraid I would pull the actual plant then the weeds so I only pulled like a total of ten weeds.
After being outside we would come in and cool down with a popcicle and then brush up on our artistic abilities by doing some drawings and coloring in new coloring books. It was fun to see the kids' creations and how proud they were of themselves.
Twice we were able to go to Grandma and Grandpa Trees house and have fun on their fourwheelers. I never knew how dusty a fourwheeler ride could be. I would see the kids come in from riding with Grandpa Tree and their hair and clothes would be matted with dust! Well, I had the wonderful opportunity to do the same. I was able to ride with Michael in the back with me and Renae driving. It was so fun and beautiful! Although to Michael's disappointment we were unable to find the water to go through.
It was quite a week. It was so fun to be with the kids and see how much they have grown. It was also wonderful to be able to spend more time with Nae. I was glad I was able to help somewhat.
This is my poorly described account of my exciting vacation with the Tree family in Idaho. I will miss you all terribly, bur are looking forward to July when we will be able to come up and go to Twin Falls Temple Open House.

1 comment:

The Trees said...

Beebs,
I loved reading this and all the little details of your trip. Makes me feel like I was there.
How cute that Kira fell asleep in the swing. I love that picture!
In fact I love all these pics they show so much personality. I'm glad you took a lot cause I haven't seen them forever. I didn't even recognize Kira. They are the cutest kids! I loved all your cute stories Bre, I wish Icould have been there!

Quixotical 3 3 column